What we believe
New Life is part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia. We are Protestant, Evangelical and Reformed.
The Supreme Standard of the Church is the Word of God contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The official statement of faith for the Presbyterian Church of Australia is the Westminster Confession of Faith.
– We believe in the divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
– We believe there is One God in whom are three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
– We believe that human beings are created in God’s image. However, when Adam sinned, that image was stained and tarnished. We inherit Adam’s fallen nature. The penalty for sin is death, leading ultimately to the second death which is everlasting judgement.
– We believe Jesus Christ is the Lord from heaven who came to lead a sinless life, and offer Himself up as the sinless sacrifice to pay the death penalty which we deserve. We cannot earn salvation. We can only receive it when the Holy Spirit enables us to have faith in Christ alone.
– We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and the resurrection of all who belong to Jesus in the new heavens and earth.
– We believe the Holy Spirit enables us to live godly lives, love God, serve Christ in the fellowship of the Church and care for our neighbours.